Thursday, November 13, 2008

New Chemo

Bella began her new chemo treatment today. So far things are going well - no nausea, no vomiting. I'll be giving her medicine for nausea throughout the night and for most of tomorrow just as a precaution.

Talking with her doctor today helped tremendously. Most of the serious side effects (holes in the stomach/intestines, diarrhea, protein in the urine) are rare so that is a relief. I just keep praying that she will be spared from these. And the neuropathy (tingling in hands and feet) that I suspect she has been experiencing, may diminish a little.

So all is quiet in the Shoemaker household for now.

I just want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement. They really help me get through the tough times.

Love,

Jen and Bella

2 comments:

Netta said...

I will agree in prayer with you Jen about the side effects. Hope you guys can get some rest.

Anonymous said...

Im glad all went well. Sorry I haven't called this week. I've been thinking about you guys. Love, Gina