Friday, March 06, 2009

The Great Negotiator

Hi all! Just wanted to give everyone an update on the goings on of sweet Bella. She is thriving in school and is starting to reach out to her fellow classmates. When in circle time, Bella will reach out and "see" who is sitting next to her. Bella is the only one allowed to do this; everyone else is supposed to keep their hands to themselves.

So on Wednesday Bella's teacher told me that she made Bella scoot around the room rather than being carried everywhere. This upset Bella because she likes being carried everywhere. As you can imagine, Bella threw a few tantrums. The kids in her class were so sweet. They tried to help Bella calm down, and one boy even said to Bella, "It's going to be okay." Her classmates seem to be more interested in her. I just love it!!!!

Now to the point of why I titled this blog "The Great Negotiator." Last week Bella got in trouble for hitting me. We were out running errands, Bella got impatient with me, and started hitting me. I told her that she had to go to her room when we got home. All on her own she apologized to me. I accepted her apology and said that she still had to go to her room. At our next stop, she again got impatient with me and started hitting me. I told her she was definitely going to her room. She apologized again. I asked her, "Bella, are you apologizing so that you don't have to go to your room?" And what did she say? "Yes." Well, that just made my heart melt. How could it not?

So she managed to get out of going to bed when we got back to the apartment. However, it only lasted about 45 minutes because I made her mad and she got in trouble again. The result - she was sent to bed for the night. Poor girl!

She's such a little stinker.

Have a great weekend!

Jen and Stinker Bella

2 comments:

Netta said...

Poor Stinker Bella! Sounds like she is doing all the things kids do!!!! Keep up the good work Jen.
You guys are in our prayers....

Anonymous said...

I know a Nana should not be proud of her grandchild when she hits others but... this lets me know just how smart my little cookie really is.!!!! I lovin it.
Nana