Thursday, October 11, 2007

Two weeks of the treatment plan down, 58 to go....

So Bella had her second round of chemo today. So far so good. With both treatments she has not thrown up and doesn't seem to feel nausea. She is eating less at a sitting, but that may be due to her taste being affected by the chemo. I'm combatting this by having her eat several small meals a day. I've also started with her calorie boosters: heavy whipping cream, butter, and more butter. A cardiologist would die! She doesn't seem to get too tired by the chemo and is still doing lots of new things like standing up in her crib!!!! She needs a little help getting into the standing position, but she doesn't scream when she's standing which is a good thing. Wednesday in physical therapy she stood mostly by herself for a whole minute and 10 seconds. This may not seem like much, but it is huge for her. And she tolerated standing fairly well to boot.

People talk about how strong I am with everything I've had to deal with the past two years. I'm only strong because of Bella. She needs me so much and I have to keep it together for her. She is my strength. And so is God. He knew I would need her in my life because He knew what crap I would have to go through. He made her so beautiful and funny. She brightens every single day and I thank God for that.

Sorry there are no pictures. I'll have a few the next time.

Adios!

Jen and Bella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being such a good friend, Jennifer! You and Bella are the dynamic duo! Stay strong and sing, "58 chemo treatments to go, 58 chemo treatments--take one today then go play---57 chemo treatments to go!!!"--Gina